60 Beautiful and Creative Scratch board Art Examples
Scratchboard art is a type of a medium or technique which uses sharp type of tools for etching the white clay coated with ink. This technique is used to make impressions and images on the scratchboard. These can also be made with several type of multi layers so the pressure exerted on the tool used determine the type of color which comes up later.
Along with the color, there is also an association of foil paper which is covered with the black inked and when it is scratched, it suddenly exposes the shiny layer of surface which is beneath it. It can be used to create highly detail and precise texture of artwork using Scratchboard art.
Beautiful and Creative Scratchboard Art Examples
The scratch board art was originated in the 19th century in the countries like France and Britain. As more and more printing methods were introduced, the use of scraperboard also became a popular medium for the appearance which could be photographically reduced for the production of without losing its quality.
- It was an effective and fast methods used for color book and for printing newspapers.
- Since the year 1950s, it is one of the most preferred types of technique used for medicine, science and illustration of products.
- During the use of traditional pen and techniques of ink, the production of highly detailed artwork was becoming lot easier.
- Nowadays, this art has again became a comeback with the use of more appealing illustrators of magazine, advertisements and novels and one of the finest arts displayed in the museums and art galleries.
- Suddenly the demand of Scratchboard art has also increased as more and more people find the use of this art very unique and though provoking.
Techniques used for Scratchboard art
The use of techniques in Scratchboard art are totally dependent on the thought of the artist, there are several areas which could be cleared out for layering the areas with different types of water colors, airbrush, use of ink, colors, pencil and acrylics. Such layers of colors are then scrapped from the surface one by one to create an amazing and different type of shades of color which could be blend into and highlight the certain areas of the image. These layers could be further blended as well to create a different type of effects as well. The techniques used to generate the image which appears remarkably identical to the original. One can use contemporary illustrations in which sometimes it is preferred to add the color afterwards using Adobe photoshop, Corel Draw, Corel painter and Adobe Illustrator.
There are different types of Beautiful and Creative Scratchboard Art Examples, which could be generated using this technique. By removing the black ink of the area with sharp tool will expose the white clay on Scratchboard. The usage of sharp, angled and scratch tool can easily make an outline on the scraperboard. It can easily purchase either in black or white type of sheets. It shadows and highlights the created scratching away at the board. Artists can use the black type of scraperboard which could add transparent color type of mediums after scratching and then going back and scratch them even more.
The idea of scratching the boards many times can create depths. Artists can use the white one to draw black colors or use colorful ones to proceed with drawing different drawings. The alternate ways is to clear the portions on the scraper board and then the left out portions could be further filled with colors. One can use different types of techniques like hatching and stepping the texture for creating further detailed image. For example- one can use 14 x18 inches of board for creating a transparent ink portion.
Materials needed for Creating Beautiful and Creative Scratchboard Arts
There are various types of tools which are used for creating a scratchboard art and the use of one primary sharp tool with number of blades is extremely important.
- One can easily use the range of blades of varied thickness to remove the colors and inks and this can be used to create interesting textures.
- One can use tattoo needs, erasers and scribes with hard points.
- Also the other materials include using alcohol on cotton ball, sandpaper and non-oily and fine piece of steep to create different type of textures.
Specific types of tools are available for creating beautiful and creative scratchboard art examples. These could be used for cross hatching and wire brush for random type of textures like grass and hair and especially useful. Coloring scraperboard, use of black and white boards can be done with using paint brushes, air brushes and even cotton balls. Special type of scraperboard inks and can be added to the white areas and then scratched again for the additional highlights and volume of dimension.Artwork, Painting